Montgomery Middle - 2010
Contact: Tonino Russo
Team Name: Destination Conservation
Team Type: ClubCampaign Goal:
Reduce waste in our school.
- Purchased 2 composters
- Purchased bins to hold recycled material
- Set up bins in eating areas for recycled material
- Helped staff and students recycle paper, food and plastics
- Created a PowerPoint with my club highlighting the amount of waste the school creates
The Best Part
- Working with my club
- The PowerPoint
- Be prepared for a dirty, messy job
- Look for the end result which is impressive
Comments about the Campaign
Our Custodian is on board and very excited about what we are accomplishing.
Did We Reach our Goal?
- In process, it appears that we will save money with our trash disposal,
- Should see at least 50% reduction in the amount of waste sent to the dump.
What we are most proud of
The environmental impact we are making at the school.
I'm very pleased with my club.