Silver Springs - 2011
Team Name: EES (Efficient Energy Savers)
Team Type: ClubCampaign Goal:
The goal was to recycle as many items as possible and to reduce the number of items needing to be recycled.
- Recycling every 2 weeks
- Presentation at an assembly
- Lunch meetings
The Best Part
That we recycled more types of products, but had less overall recycling.
- Introduce the project in the first month of school
- Create the mascot earlier and present to every class in the school
- Explain the project at an assembly
- Create signs for what can go in each recycling bin
- Make smaller presentations to each class
Did We Reach our Goal?
No. We still have students using the bins incorrectly.
What we are most proud of
- Fewer items are being recycled inappropriately
- Classes are re-using items
- Team became efficient at recycling
- Compacting bags to have fewer bags being wasted
- Chose a new name for the club to personalize it for the school
What we are planning to work on next
- Ensure more regular attendance with meetings