Briar Hill - 2011
Team Name: S.O.E. (Save our Earth) Environment Club
Team Type: ClubCampaign Goal:
The two new campaigns added this year were:
1. Fundraising with some proceeds allocated to CAWST (Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology) to assist developing countries with clean water supply.
2. Frosty Fridays
- Proceeds came form three Apply Days and bake sales we hold at the school. Students can buy and cut a nutritious apple snack into a spiral with a unique apple cutter.
- Advertise and use a number of techniques to remind all persons in the school to war an extra sweater/hoodie to keep warm when room temperatures were lowered 3 degrees Celsius every Friday.
The Best Part
- Students look forward to spiraling their own apples, receive a healthy snack and assist people fulfilling a life-saving need.
- Realizing that decreasing room temperature 3 degrees, is manageable and comfortable.
Comments about the Campaign
Campaigns are well received and supported.
Did We Reach our Goal?
- A specific monetary goal was not set as we have other specific goals established and had recently achieved a $1000 goal with proceeds directed toward the Nature Conservancy of Canada. SOE Club members have yet to determine the specific amount to be donated to CAWT.
- Decrease in energy consumption, despite the cold winter.
What we are most proud of
We are lessening out environmental footprint, caring for others and the activities are enjoyed by club members.
What we are planning to work on next
We already have a number of other campaigns evolving and/or continuing.
We would like to recognize our parent volunteers: Marsha Fehr, Diane Glichrist and Darlene Cooper for their assistance with our program and various campaigns.