W.L. McLeod Elementary - 2015
Contact: Wanda Nemethy
Team Type: ClassCampaign Goal:
Encouraging paper and drink container recycling. We found there was a lot of these in the garbage. We wanted to place bins for recycling paper and drink containers in each room. The goal was to reduce the amount of garbage.
- We checked class for recycling bins and how full garbage bins were.
- We placed recycling bins in all classes
- We made posters to advertise recycling
- We did announcements
- We had a a litterless lunch day
- We collected paper and drink containers to bring to recycling depot
The Best Part
The "creative ways to use your garbage" contest!
Be prepared for some messy work when you collect drink containers!
Comments about the Campaign
They were supportive and appreciated us taking all their recycling material.
Did We Reach our Goal?
We didn't count but we noticed we didn't have to collect drink containers as often as at first.
What we are planning to work on next
We need to train the primary students more. We would like to continue but focus on the primary students and maybe have more litterless lunch days! We would like to recruit others by making presentations at assemblies.